Friday, August 20, 2010

Fishing report

I was off to the Kankakee Marsh this week for a little fishing. It was one of the cooler days; still well over eighty degrees.

I wasn't able to get to the river until around noon. My first few casts yielded a nice bullhead; just right for a supper or two.

I fed the turtles for the next two hours and received not a bite from a fish. The turtles and I watched as the fish tantalizingly jumped out of the water every so often; 2-3 lb bass jumping out of the water but not biting. Then, about the time I had to leave, the fish started biting and I caught one after another.

The lesson I received was to come early, plan to stay late, or count on feeding turtles all afternoon in the dog days of summer.

But, the turtles and I sure had a great day!     

No comments:

Post a Comment